A Night at the Theater Gone Wrong

What should be a fun night of dinner theater for Kansas City residents is taking a serious turn. Nearly 400 patrons have gotten the norovirus infection in the last month from attending the New Theater restaurant according to the Kansas City Star. The worst part is that they still don’t know what’s causing it.

If the norovirus sounds familiar, it’s because it’s what shut down several California Chipotle restaurants last year.

The article notes that the norovirus spreads quickly and often through touching or contaminated food or water. The symptoms, which would wreck anyone’s weekend, include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and stomach pain.

According to the restaurant manager people are still turning up to support the local theater’s production. If you’re in the mood to take a chance you can check out Gary Sandy from WKRP in Cincinnati in Out of Order (yeah, I don’t know what any of that means either)